There are two churches in the parish: the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Wanstrow, and St Mary’s Church in Cloford, and they are both part of the much larger United Parish of Postlebury.
The first record of a parish priest in Wanstrow was in 1190 and a church was built here, on its current site, in the 15th century. The present church tower was rebuilt in 1810, and the rest of the building was restored in 1875. The medieval church in Cloford, with a 15th century tower, was also largely restored in the 19th century. Both churches are Grade 2* listed buildings.
Services are held in St Mary’s Church, Wanstrow on the first Sunday of each month at 9.30 am and in the Church of the Blessed Virgin Mary, Cloford on the fourth Sunday of each month at 11am. Additional services are held in both churches on special days around Christmas and Easter for example. For the latest information on services across the Parish of Postlebury, see www.postleburychurches.org